Based in Online, Everywhere
June 4, 2017
Press / Business contact:
We love making weird and eerie games with innovative aesthetics and rock solid, fun mechanics. Typically, our games usually come from unexamined niches, landscapes, characters, and points of view to facilitate intriguing stories and art direction meshed with gameplay from our favorite classic games and experimental, bleeding edge design.
Forward Instinct first began working together unofficially in 2015 as the DAEMON team. DAEMON was successfully Kickstarted and launched in 2016, with a documentary about the game and process released in 2017. In 2017, on Halloween, Midnight Ultra was released as Forward Instinct's first official title. In 2018, Forward Instinct released Midnight Ultra: The Devil's Path as a free DLC expansion, as well as a physical sountrack release on Lost Angles, and have been working on their followup title since. Recently, Forward Instinct launched a Patreon to share their progress and fund development.
Midnight Ultra: The Devil's Path YouTube
DAEMON: The Documentary YouTube
There are far more images available for Forward Instinct, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Pick of the Week, Unknown Pleasures" - Rock Paper Shotgun, 31 October, 2017
- "A gorgeous FPS that blurs a Hotline Miami palette with a grindhouse art style, a Quake-in-CGA aesthetic and a general vibe of lucid divebar nightmare, this was one that made me sit up and pay attention from the very first frame... The enemies are nasty in all the right ways, the weapons are straight out of some forgotten b-movie and the music sounds like that nightmare sex room out the back of the Roadhouse bar in Twin Peaks... Genuinely, this feels both like a lost early 90s treasure and a real 2017 original."
- Alec Meer, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Here’s an FPS with an interesting, albeit garish, retro sensibility... I think we can all agree that using a pentagram and crucifix as a reticule is insanely good and worth the price alone."
- Shaun Prescott, Tom Marks, PC Gamer
- "With grimy low-fi graphics and a vibrant color palette, Midnight Ultra is packed full of style and great shooting to boot."
- IGN Snapchat, IGN
- "Think five-day-long, college-wide games of Paintball Assasin, except paintballs guns are replaced with the Nerf variety, which results in a far less messy experience. Now take that idea, add cool AR technology and narrative elements to drive a story, and surround it with a great deal of artwork to give the ideas represented a real presence in the world. Populate this vision with a collection of 80 to 100 or so college students running around shooting each other with Nerf guns, and you will begin to form an idea of what Daemon turned into."
- Jason Odom, Next Reality News
Midnight Ultra Soundtrack
Midnight Ultra's physical soundtrack release https:.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Lead, Artist, Designer, Programmer
Video Art, Writer
Concept Art, Writer