Based in Los Angeles, California
Press / Business contact:
We're an online-based dev team that met in Savannah, Georgia, and have been making games together ever since.
Forward Instinct started out as the DAEMON Development team from 2015-2016, a group of friends that set out to make a cyberpunk, augmented reality LARP at Savannah College of Art and Design through a successfully funded Kickstarter. With that as a success, the team split ways after graduation.After that
Fast forward to a year later, the team all wanted to make games together again, but were no longer in the same location to all meet and discuss it. Despite that, they worked on individual projects together, until they discussed them enough that they felt working together on their projects was the best idea, and the collaboration that created Midnight Ultra as their first official title began. Now the team meets online through chats and weekly calls to create their work.
Midnight Ultra Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Forward Instinct, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Pick of The Week: Midnight Ultra" - Rock Paper Shotgun, 3 November, 2017
- "A gorgeous FPS that blurs a Hotline Miami palette with a grindhouse art style, a Quake-in-CGA aesthetic and a general vibe of lucid divebar nightmare, this was one that made me sit up and pay attention from the very first frame... The enemies are nasty in all the right ways, the weapons are straight out of some forgotten b-movie and the music sounds like that nightmare sex room out the back of the Roadhouse bar in Twin Peaks... Genuinely, this feels both like a lost early 90s treasure and a real 2017 original."
- Alec Meer, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Here’s an FPS with an interesting, albeit garish, retro sensibility... I think we can all agree that using a pentagram and crucifix as a reticule is insanely good and worth the price alone."
- Shaun Prescott, Tom Marks, PC Gamer
- "If you’re a fan of the surreal, yet hilarious, Machete films by Robert Rodriguez, you’ll love Midnight Ultra’s beautiful grindhouse art style. The mix of classic gunshot sound effects and western background music will tease out your inner cowboy."
- Chris Priestman, PCGamesN
- "One who will have a hard time staying alive with so many enemies coming to kill them in such a hurry... All they can do is make smart use of the one firearm and one melee weapon they can carry, keep moving, and use their double jumping powers to stay ahead of the enemies coming their way. Midnight Ultra offers a twisting story to go along with its surreal visual style."
- Joel Couture, Siliconera
The composer behind Midnight Ultra's music soundcloud.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Lead, Artist, Designer, Programmer
Gage Horne (AKA Yonderly)
Level Designer, Artist